- The 2017 Palm Beach boat show (March 23) saw excellent growth: 6% more boats in the water, 80-100 foot category up 17%. Total show value on display $1.2 billion.
- The proposed U.S. budget for 2017-2018 includes reductions of $1.5 billion for the Department of the Interior and a $1 billion cut for the Army Corps of Engineers.
- The big three growth areas for boating are:
- Outboard power across a variety of hulls
- Pontoons for versatile family use
- Ski/wake boats.
- New, late-model boats sustain less ethanol damage, as manufacturers adapt to the fuel with upgraded components. Older vessels remain vulnerable to fuel system degradation.
–from Boating Industry magazine